gEDA-user: Gerbv Auto Reload Gerber Files???

I am using Gerbv 2.4.0 under Vista.

I have an existing .gvp file for my design. If I have the file open in Gerbv and update the Gerber files, I have to use the reload control to update the layers in the .gvp file. I can reload them one at a time or all at once. But if I update the Gerber files when I don't have the .gvp file open in Gerbv, it seems to reload all the Gerber files automatically when I open the .gvp file. Is this intentional or is this a bug? I don't want Gerbv to reload any layers until I ask it to. Often I want to reload them one at a time so that I can visualize the changes.

Rick