Re: gEDA-user: Linux Desktop fÃr gEDA

Colin D Bennett wrote:

>> But Ubuntu team promice to remove this feature on next realeses...
>
> I promise if that happens, I will to switch to Debian... and from what I
> have heard I will be joined by MANY others.

I am already there --- since 1997 :-)

It is the mother ship of distros, and the one with the largest inventory
of applications. Depending on your needs you can choose between a rolling
update (testing), rock solid 18 month release (stable), or bleeding
edge packages (sid). There are ways to smoothly migrate between these.
The social contract appeals to me, too.
Unless they get overly picky with license terms, I am going to stick
with Debian.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211