      From: Kai-Martin Knaak <knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Linux Desktop für gEDA
      To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx
      Date: Friday, August 5, 2011, 1:53 PM

    Colin D Bennett wrote:
    >> But Ubuntu team promice to remove this feature on next realeses...
    >
    > I promise if that happens, I will to switch to Debian... and from
    what I
    > have heard I will be joined by MANY others.
    I am already there --- since 1997 :-)
    It is the mother ship of distros, and the one with the largest
    inventory
    of applications. Depending on your needs you can choose between a
    rolling
    update (testing), rock solid 18 month release (stable), or bleeding
    edge packages (sid). There are ways to smoothly migrate between these.
    The social contract appeals to me, too.
    Unless they get overly picky with license terms, I am going to stick
    with Debian.
    ---<)kaimartin(>---
    --
    Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
    Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: