Re: gEDA-user: Constraint-based PCB footprint design

I have been thinking about such a footprint editor as well. I think
such a parametric sketcher is the way forward. At least it would make
drawing footprints much more fun! It might be possible to use code
from Sketchflat or pSketcher to obtain this functionality.

http://cq.cx/sketchflat.pl
http://code.google.com/p/psketcher/

Another option might be to use a parametric cad program to draw the
footprint, export as a dxf or similar and then convert. If you follow
a template for sketching I think this should be possible.

But of course thinking about it and actually implementing it are two
different things :-) I will also keep on daydreaming...

Best regards,

Jasper