Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 01:14:46PM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:48:48 +0200
> Felix Ruoff <Felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I personally like the new style you created. Its very nice! I think
> > the reason for adding this small rectangles is, that its easier to
> > see, if the button is pressed.
>
> Good point.  I do like the full color fill you show, Andrew.  However,
> I think we need a better way of indicating which layers are visible.
> Perhaps a little "X" or checkbox icon on the button?  I already dislike
> the current buttons' indication of which layers are visible (change of
> fill color and text color with inset or outset border). Maybe something
> better can be done.

I suggested last year copying the Gimp's layer selector: left-click
to activate, with visibility controlled by a toggle-able eye pixmap.

There was not much support for the idea. The feeling was that we should
try to make the layer selector take less space, whereas adding pixmaps
would take more.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net