Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL rebased to git HEAD (with nanometers)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:08:57 -0400
Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/19/2011 12:18 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > My PCB+GL branches are now rebased against git HEAD, with all the
> > excellent work from Andrew Poelstra on the internal unit conversion
> > to nanometers.
> >
> > Please test and let me know if you find any bugs. I've given it
> > cursory testing, but haven't actually used it much myself yet.
>
>    Hey Peter!  Thank you for all of your excellent work.
>
>    If I may make a suggestion...For those of us who don't access the
> repository regularly, and don't live and breathe git (I'm an SVN
> guy), it might be helpful to put a quickie command line (or two) in
> these sorts of announcements to tell us how to actually get that code.

Peter Clifton's PCB+GL repository instructions:
<http://pcjc2.blogspot.com/2011/02/pcbgl-repository-instructions.html>.

Personally, I use Bazaar with the bzr-git plugin to access all the gEDA
git repositories.  That way I don't have to learn git's command
scheme... :)

For me, using bzr-git, the commands look like:

1. bzr git-import git://repo.or.cz/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git
2. bzr checkout --lightweight pcjc2.git/refs/heads/pcb+gl work-gl
3. cd work-gl && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make

I think it's simpler than the native git commands, but maybe that's
just me.

Regards,
Colin