gEDA-user: Preventing elements from appearing in BOM

Is there a way to prevent a device from appearing in the BOM and in the XYRS file? The problem I'm trying to solve is that I have a pin defined in my schematic for attaching a wire to the PCB. There is no actual device to be installed. In order to get the pin to show up on PCB's rat's nest, I defined a dummy device with a hole for a footprint. This allows the rat's nest to show that there's something that needs to be added to the PCB layout. The problem now is that the dummy device shows up in the BOM and is also being placed in the gerber XYRS file. So the question is how do I get the hole to be recognized by the rat's nest on PCB, but get omitted from the BOM and the XYRS exports?

I've also noticed that the BOM generated by the export function of PCB is showing the device's footprint rather than the device name for the description. Is this correct?