gEDA-user: pcb HID GUI options: gtk, lesstif?

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:51:03 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Which GUI ?

That makes me wonder:
who uses the Lesstif HID GUI instead of the GTK HID GUI?  I've only
used the GTK GUI because I don't know why one might choose Lesstif.

Any Motif/Lesstif applications I've used in the past are missing
the basic niceties of GTK such as the standard file open/save dialogs,
Unicode support, nicer text rendering (antialiased text), using my
chosen system widget/color/font styles, etc.  It's likely that new
versions have improved on these shortcomings, but I don't know.
Apparently the pcb Lesstif GUI is still actively used, so I pose the
question to pcb users:  if you use pcb with the Lesstif GUI, why?

Regards,
Colin