Re: gEDA-user: gschem vs. PCB diode pin numbering

On 08/23/2011 08:47 PM, Matthew Lewis wrote:
I was double checking a pcb layout today and I discovered a rather nasty gotcha. It seems that gschem and PCB don't agree on which end of a diode should be pin 1. Gschem views pin 1 as the anode and PCB considers pin 1 to be the cathode. It doesn't prevent you from laying out a board correctly, but it does cause the silkscreen polarity to be printed backwards (for the SOD devices at least).
I've defined my own symbols and footprints to use 'A' and 'K' instead of 1 and 2.