Re: gEDA-user: Symbols with Multiple Heterogeneous Gates in Gschem

On 08/24/2011 12:34 AM, Gus Fantanas wrote:
Hello All,

How does gschem handle cases of different "gates" in the same package? For example, I am trying to create a symbol for On Semiconductor's NTZD3155C complementary PMOS-NMOS MOSFET pair. Unlike the dual/quad NAND/NOR gates in the gschem tutorials, this package contains two heterogeneous (non-interchangeable) and totally separate gates. I can put the whole thing in one big symbol, but I like the elegance of using each of the two complementary MOSFETs separately by itself in the schematic.
I believe that the accepted way to do this is similar to separating power and logic pins - just simply define two separate symbols and make sure that they have the same refdes.