Re: gEDA-user: gschem vs. PCB diode pin numbering

On 08/27/2011 10:37 PM, John Doty wrote:
On Aug 27, 2011, at 8:12 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:

This problem goes beyond diodes and transistors.  For example, the old
10H series of ECL parts came both in DIP packages as well as PLCC
packages.  Some of the parts though, would be in a 16 pin DIP or a 20
pin PLCC and so the pin numbers didn't agree between the two packages.
Yep. I recently got bit by this with the LT1078 opamp (different pinouts in DIP8 and SO8).
You could (ab)use the slotting functionality to account for different packages - just remember which package goes with which slot number. I'm guessing (though I haven't checked) that slots must be assigned a number, and not a string. If it were a string, that would make it quite a bit more versatile for this usage.

-Ethan