Re: gEDA-user: Updating gtk menu dynamically?

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 05:14:18AM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> > But getting the accelerators hooked up is proving to be a trial.
> > GtkActionGroup apparently -only- works with GtkUIManager, so
> > without it, setting up accelerators, their paths, their callbacks
> > and their menu items is up to us.
>
> While at it, can you implement gnomes convenient on-the-fly user
> modification of accel keys? (put the mouse on a menu item and type
> whatever accel you want to assign)

Not while I'm at it, no. But it will certainly be possible once
I'm done with the widget, unlike the current situation.

Unfortunately, I'm rather time-constrained. For the next week I
can work on pcb 24/7, but after that my girlfriend comes back
from Calgary and school starts up again.

Basically, I want to get the new menu widget done (it's nearly
so -- everything works but the layer selector and route-style
menu items). After that the route-style selector will probably
need its own widget, but that's easy to do at this point.

Then, I'll just be doing bugfixes and code documentation, and
when school starts even that'll probably stop.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/