Re: gEDA-user: Tearoffs on popup menu in pcb?

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 02:58:08AM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> > I.e. if you right-click on an element, you should get a menu specific
> > to that element, like "select" to select *that* element, "rotate" to
> > rotate *that* element, etc.  Such an operation makes no sense if the
> > popup is torn off and placed elsewhere.
>
> Currently, only one out of five first level items is context sensitive
> the way you say ("Operations on this location"). The rest is actions that
> do not refer to the position of the mouse cursor ("Operations on selections",
> "Undo last operation", Redo last operation", "Tools").
> Unless I missed something, the "Operations on this location" contains
> just a single item: "Generate object report"
>
> If the menu is ripped off, "Generate object report" might ask the user
> to click somewhere on the canvas. This what "Cut selection to buffer"
> does, when chosen from the regular menu.
>
> BTW: What are Tools->None and Tools->Cancel supposed to do?

None appears to do nothing at all - it is used internally to
when preventing selection of invalid modes. Cancel is a synonym
for Select that was used to hook the escape key up, since all
accelerators are configured through the menu system.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/