Re: gEDA-user: Symbol creation

Carlos Nieves Onega said:
> El dom, 14-12-2003 a las 21:40, Charles Lepple escribió:
> [snip]
>
>> If you want to keep the power/ground pins separate, you could draw the
>> symbol in at least two parts, keeping the power and ground pins in one
>> sub-symbol.
>
> Is this supported by gschem? I thought you can only create a symbol with
> several slots inside, but having all of them the same graphic (changing
> only the pin numbers from one to another)...

I should have explained that a little better, I suppose. You would have to
assign the same reference designator to both of the sub-symbols. gnetlist
should treat both sub-symbols as part of the same symbol based on the
reference designator. In a way, this is orthogonal to slotting (you would
use one graphic for the slotted portion of the device, and one for the
power/ground portion.)

<disclaimer> I haven't tested this extensively, but I vaguely recall
successfully proving to myself that this would work (after someone on the
list explained it). </disclaimer>

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@ghz.cc