Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: PCB: Throw the Bugzilla out of window

On Nov 19, 2004, at 6:39 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:
JPEG is absolutely the wrong compression algorithm for what amounts
to a line-art image. For non-photographic scenes, there will be heavy
artifacting around all lines and other sharp color transitions, which
usually obliterate the compression ratio and in many cases make the
file even larger.

Not that anyone asked, but I would strongly recommend PNG.

Hmm. I didn't intend for that to come across as being so snotty. Just trying to help.

It didn't (at least to me) come across badly. I too about puked at the "use email for a bug tracker" suggestion. Of course I've known you long enough on various lists to listen, you usually have good things to say!

Hmm, that's very kind of you to say, Dan, thank you...I appreciate it. :-)

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "I wonder what 'Error Code 1' means. That's
Cape Coral, FL what it said when it started smoking." -Jonathan Patschke