Re: gEDA-user: OT: need fine (5 to 10 mils) solder

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 02:08:54PM -0800, David Koski wrote:
> I have some boards to produce that have components with about a 9 mil
> pad spacing and my 15 mil solder is a little big.  After searching on
> line I gave up in frustration trying to find an online store that
> sells ultra fine solder although 15 mils (0.015) seems common. I did
> find one manufacturer but could not find anyone that would sell a pound
> or less (or even more.) Any clues appreciated.

you can get a syringe and load it with solder paste.  They make air
powered solderpaste dispensers and you could also probably make due
with a syringe thats manually operated.  If you can't find the ones
designed for solderpaste, you could probably make due with a larger
diameter medical one, a wood working glue injector, or perhaps one
of those Lindy "worm blowers" if you're a fisherman!  After applying
solder paste to the pads, you can reflow them with your soldering
iron or heat gun.

Be sure to wash your hands when done!  Don't want any lead poisoning
here...

-Dan