gEDA-user: About fonts

Hello all

Sorry if my question is silly. The font that gschem produces in the sheets are
very nice, I like it a lot. But the font that PCB generates, IMHO, is very
ugly. As far as I know, they use completely diferent way to do it., PCB have
a file with the fonts made just by lines. I am trying to make another set of
letters for PCB, but didnt find a good way to do it, but I am trying.
My question is, is it possible to incorporate in the code of PCB the same way
that gschem use to generate the caracters, and stuff? Or is it possible to
use a library like freetype to make it?