Re: gEDA-user: About fonts

Xtian,

I think the problem with fonts for pcb is the need to generate gerber file output. The next statement could be completely invallid because I am no way near an expert. Gerber files use apetures to shine light through. Lines are easy because you can make a circle and move the circle with the light on. For quality text characters you would need to generate an apeture for each character, for each font and for each point size that you use. I don't know if gerber files have a maximum number of apatures or not.

Best Whishes,

Steve Meier

Xtian Xultz wrote:

Hello all

Sorry if my question is silly. The font that gschem produces in the sheets are very nice, I like it a lot. But the font that PCB generates, IMHO, is very ugly. As far as I know, they use completely diferent way to do it., PCB have a file with the fonts made just by lines. I am trying to make another set of letters for PCB, but didnt find a good way to do it, but I am trying. My question is, is it possible to incorporate in the code of PCB the same way that gschem use to generate the caracters, and stuff? Or is it possible to use a library like freetype to make it?