RE: gEDA-user: gEDA/PCB desktop icons and remote access?

Hey there,

I'm usually a lurker but I just had to contribute on this one.

In our department we do a *lot* of IC design.  We have several Blade servers running Red Hat Fedora Core and Cadence's IC design tools.

Standard practise is for engineers to run a Windows workstation, and use vanilla VNC to connect to the Linux boxes.

Even using vanilla VNC, using the remote computer is barely distinguishable in performance to using the Cadence tools on the local machine.

I've successfully built and used gschem on the setup.

If you need any more details, let me know. :-)

HTH,

Peter Brett

--
System Display Group