gEDA-user: Footprint names

Title: Footprint names

Hi,

I can't help but notice that the gEDA footprint naming scheme doesn't include names for polar passive components such as electrolytic capacitors.  This would be very useful: sometimes it's not obvious which way round a capacitor should be inserted, and it would be nice to be able to have a e.g. a polar capacitor symbol in gEDA which would result a silk layer mask in PCB indicating which pin should be the positive one.

Um... I'm not sure I'm being particularily lucid, but I hope you see what I'm getting at.

Cheers,

Peter Brett

--
System Display Group