Re: gEDA-user: PC board preview

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 07:48:19AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > and the output was incorrect (due to missing "board" layer in PCB
> > output)
>
> As I said, we do have that layer (it's optional, part of the FAB
> drawing) but yeah, it would probably be better to add that
> functionality to PCB itself so you have more flexible access to the
> data you need.  It's something I've thought about before, but so far
> it's been too low priority to actually work on.  What you'd really
> want to do is output GIMP native format, so you can use the GIMP to
> blend your layers (FR4 is somewhat translucent, as is the solder mask)
> and output whatever formats you wanted to.

Sodipodi .svg would be better. It is a vector format and has alpha transparency
too. The only piss-off is the fact that Sodipodi doesn't support commandline
export to bitmap, only export (print) to PS, which strips down the transparency.

GIMP would be fine, it can be run from commandline using lisp scripts, the
only problem is there are some drawable numbers I am unable to determine
what to put exactly inside them. I tried various numbers 0,1,2... etc. until
I found out some random combination that works ;-)

The script-fu dialog documents the parameters of the calls, but not any more
their meaning, nor gives any pointer where to learn about it :(

Cl<