Re: gEDA-user: Rip up selected rats question, layer color

John Luciani wrote:
On 12/6/05, toaster2@xxxxxxxxxxxx <toaster2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The printed output files of back.ps
and front.ps seem to be all right. Is this going to give me correct gerber
files, or am I going to mess something up?

You may want to use gerbv to verify the gerber files directly.

I'd make that suggestion a bit stronger. No matter what CAD program I used for layout I would _never_ order boards without previewing the gerbers. I've seen too many stupid mistakes which would have been easy to catch by viewing the gerbers.

Some of my pet checks are

- on plane layers, verify that at least some vias connect to it (yes, I have seen a board where the entire ground plane was floating -- not done in pcb btw)

- on plane layers, verify that at least some vias _don't_ connect to it.

- do a visual sanity check of all layers. Nothing detailed, just does it look approximately like you think it should.

- are the layers negative/positive as they should be?

-Dan