Re: gEDA-user: Rip up selected rats question, layer color

You can't rip "selected rats" after they're routed because there are no
longer any rats! You can perform an area selection and delete whatever is
visible in the area. This will delete elements too unless you turn off
visibility of the silkscreen and/or pin/pad layers.

You can also delete all of the copper electrically connected to X by typing
shift-delete with the cursor over X. Be careful this will wipe out whole
ground or power planes if performed on them. If you want to rip up only a
portion of a net you can usually delete one segment so that the part you
want to rip is dangling (no longer connected to the part you want to keep),
then shift-delete on the dangling part. Make sure not to add or update rats
between isolating the track and ripping it, or the rat will provide the
connectivity for the rip-up to proceed across the whole net.

Presently I think there is no easy way to selectively rip an area of only
auto-routed traces while leaving manually routed copper alone.

h.