gEDA-user: Putting FreeDog on IRC ..... was: Free Dog Gathering on Wed Dec 6th

Greetings, gEDA-users --

Regarding the upcoming Free Dog meeting this Wednesday (Dec 6th):

Can those not in Cambridge, MA, USA participate via IRC?

Ales and I did some recon at the Cambridge Starbucks this morning. Unfortunately, they only have evil corporate pay-through-the-nose wireless networking available. Therefore, this gathering will not be accessable to folks on the net. As always, you *can* participate by coming to Cambridge for a live visit!

Moving forward, we will discuss alternate venues where we can get
free, community-based wireless network access.  The Boston area is
full of spots with free wireless.  Indeed the mayor of Boston has
recently announced a plan to have free wireless coverage over the
whole city at some point in the near future [1].  Therefore, I hope
that we can at least have an IRC channel up and running in time for
January's meeting.  And we might have more! ..... like an audio feed
and/or Skype or equivalent.  Please hang tight!

Stuart

[1] FWIW, I believe that Boston is a Johnny-come-lately to this
party.  I believe that many municipalities across the US alreay have
free municipal wireless.  Is the same true in Europe?