Re: gEDA-user: Free papers about pcb router theory

On Dec 4, 2006, at 6:03 AM, Bob Paddock wrote:
http://engr.smu.edu/~mitch/ftp_dir/pubs/cnf.ps

Do you know others?

"Autorouting with the A* algorithm", by Randall Nevin , in Dr. Dobb's Journal of Software Tools, Volume 14, Number 9, September, 1989.

http://www.ddj.com/184408202

Wow, that brings back some memories. I took that code and turned it into a somewhat interactive X11-based system in about 1991. Its claim to fame was that it could export the layout to HPGL, HPPCL, Postscript, or display it in an X window. I had a lot of fun working on that, but eventually some "big life changes" happened and I lost interest, and never released it.

I just dug around and found my last working source tree. (talk about bringing back some memories!) I think I will see if I can get it to build on a modern platform. :)

                   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL