Re: gEDA-user: strange build failure

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Adrian Nania wrote:
[snip]
I agree with Ales -- a Windows port would open the floodgates to hords
of whining clueless fools. Why should we subject ourselves to that?
Supporting the clueful users (and there are quite a few) is already a
big job which we do exclusively for fun. Better to keep the barrier to
entry a little high since it's not fun to support the clueless --
particularly without any compensation.

As you put it here, gEDA project must accessible to a handful of
software developers only. Maybe I am wrong to suspect the main audience
for this tool must be on the hardware developing side. You're being
funny to name anyone else clueless fools.

Adrian, your assumption that all hardware developers are Windows users is incorrect. I'm not even sure it's in the majority anymore, at least amongst hardware developers who know anything at all about computers. None of the hardware people that *I* associate with use Windows. None.

                 -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL