Re: gEDA-user: Re: strange build failure

On Dec 6, 2006, at 4:29 AM, Evan Lavelle wrote:
Nice to see you've got a native Windoze build - I hope to get around to trying it over the next couple of months. I don't want to get involved in this particular flamefest, but it's a simple fact that most hardware development is on Windows. Anyone who seriously thinks otherwise should spend 20 minutes reading comp.arch.fpga.

All this says is that a lot of FPGA development is on Windows, and there's more to the hardware design world than programming FPGAs.

Presumably things are this way in the FPGA world because the Windows versions of the FPGA vendors' proprietary tools are cheaper (or even free) than the ones for serious OSs.

  Things won't be that way forever.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire