From: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Peters
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 9:15 AM
To: gEDA user mailing list
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: strange build failure

On Dec 2, 2006, at 4:40 PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I'm doing an experiment: I'm trying to see if I can get the gEDA
>> tools running under cygwin.  I started with the instructions at
>> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:cygwin.
>
> 	I've never actually used the cygwin port, but...
>
> [snip]
>> so it can't find guile, because it's apparently looking in:
>>
>> /home/janneke/...
>>
>> which makes no sense.
>
> 	libgeda and friends use guile's guile-config to determine paths
for
> include and library files.  Try:
>
> guile-config compile
> and
> guile-config link
> and
> guile-config info
>
> 	I'm guessing that is where the /home/janneke/... is coming from.

Ah, guile-config link and guile-config info both reveal the /home/
janneke/ stuff.

Google tells me that there's a newer version of the guile stuff at
http://lilypond.org, but that connection to cygwin's setup is broken and
the official cygwin mirrors don't have the new version yet.

so, the hell with it.

-a