gEDA-user: Re: strange build failure

Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [snip]
>> It is possible for some good Samaritan to compile for windows and make
>> available all the updated gEDA packages?
>>

> I've had the "make the Windows port available" discussion many many times
> (both virtually and in person).  Just this last week I was talking to
> another OSS developer (for a totally different program and *significantly*
> (100x to 1000x) larger user base) and he stated that the moment they
> released a Windows binary: the whining, the complaining, cluelessness,
> and general jerk behavior increased *a lot*.
>
> Right now I am absolutely thrilled with the quality of the users and
> discussions on the mailing lists and I have no intention of crashing a
> good thing.

Well, I for one do not use Windows except under duress, but I
think the above sentiment is a tad patronizing. Icarus Verilog
includes Windows packages, and I have no reason to believe the
Windows dolts are any worse then the Linux or MacOS variety.
If anything, it's the Solaris folks that are the most cranky;-)

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,