Re: gEDA-user: practical pcb layout-fu (was: router theory)

John Griessen wrote:
[...]
>switch easily between rule sets
[...]

I fully agree.
No autorouter can guess which cost factors are more important than others, and
human aid will often be necessary.

Some years ago I did a pcb with the autorouter of Eagle, and after finetuning
all parameters I got an usable result.

A nice GUI for tuning parameters will be necessary. But a nice algorithm is
needed too. I prefer a basically simple one (Lee's and ants is simple).

Does someone know which algorithm pcb autorouter is currently using?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski