Re: gEDA-user: Re: AVI video gschem

[snip]
>I noticed, that Karel used the device attribute for the specific model
>of the transistor. Is this the recommended practice? In my schematics this

	It is perfectly legal to do this.

>I always attached this kind of specific information to the value attribute.
>The device attribute would be something more generic like "NPN-TRANSISTOR".
>Are there disadvantages to using the value attribute?

	I can't think of a disadvantage other than value was really meant
for the spice backends (and other backends use it for various purposes).

	If you want the specific transistor type to show up in a BOM, then
you probably have to modify the device attribute, unless you modify the
BOM (please no more new BOM generators :)

								-Ales