gEDA-user: filmless photolith PCBs

A while ago, I got involved in doing some film copying of old pcb artwork, and the film that is readily available is not very high contrast, and high contrast developers have some toxicity, so I was thinking, " how do you expose a photosensitive copper laminate resist without film?" There is a type of imagesetter/photoplotter machine that drugstores and other photoprocessors have been using, and some are already obsoleted and available for $40 to $120. They're called digital film recorders by that industry.

Has anyone tried anything like this, either an industrial machine, or a consumer film printer for exposing photoresist directly with no film?

John Griessen