Re: gEDA-user: CVS gnetlist & gsch2pcb problems

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Dan McMahill wrote:
Stuart Brorson wrote:

One final note:  While looking at the .scm files today, I noticed some
hard-coded paths in gnet-gsch2pcb.scm and gnet-PCBboard.scm.  I'll put
it on the list to eliminate those....

Note that those are set at configure time so while they are hard
coded in the files which get installed, they are not hard coded in the sources we distribute.

Doh! I just looked in the source directory, and you are right -- the source files are of form foo.scm.in.

Also, when building gnetlist, you can get the right defaults for your system with

--with-pcbm4dir=/path/to/pcbinstall/share/pcb/m4

This is something packagers of gnetlist and pcb should do. If your CD doesn't do it already, it should. If you don't specify --with-pcbm4dir, it defaults to ${datadir}/pcb/m4 so if you used the same --prefix for geda as you did for pcb you'll get the correct defaults automatically.

Hmmm, Thanks for pointer. No, my CD doesn't do this, so I need to fix it. My bad, and I am glad you pointed this out!

I need to release a new CD soon, so I'll be including this fix in teh
new release Any Day Now....

Stuart (who must now go wipe the egg off his face....)