Re: gEDA-user: CVS gnetlist & gsch2pcb problems

Stuart Brorson wrote:

One final note:  While looking at the .scm files today, I noticed some
hard-coded paths in gnet-gsch2pcb.scm and gnet-PCBboard.scm.  I'll put
it on the list to eliminate those....

Note that those are set at configure time so while they are hard coded in the files which get installed, they are not hard coded in the sources we distribute.

Also note that the gsch2pcb program generates an override file that redefines those paths based on your gsch2pcb project file. In other words, those hardcoded values are simply defaults used when the gsch2pcb project file doesn't explicitly set them.

Also, when building gnetlist, you can get the right defaults for your system with

--with-pcbm4dir=/path/to/pcbinstall/share/pcb/m4

This is something packagers of gnetlist and pcb should do. If your CD doesn't do it already, it should. If you don't specify --with-pcbm4dir, it defaults to ${datadir}/pcb/m4 so if you used the same --prefix for geda as you did for pcb you'll get the correct defaults automatically.

-Dan