gEDA-user: Re: Question about installing gEDA

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 14:54 +0300, Leonid J. Galperin wrote:
> Hello. I`m Leonid
>

> Iâve tried to install gEDA on RH Linux 9. When I configure GTK+ 2.4.14
> I see message âconfigure: error: Xft version 2 is required for x11
> targetâ
>

> What does it mean? I downloaded almost all Internet to find Xft. I
> donât know what is it and where it should be.
>

> Please help !!!

First of all, please ask such questions on the gEDA users list:

You need to be subscribed to post, so take a look at:

We'll need to know a little more information about how you are trying to
install gEDA, as there are many ways.

I suspect that you don't need to compile your own version of GTK, as
most linux distributions have it already installed. They won't like
another version being installed!

You probably need the appropriate -dev or -devel RPM for GTK? (Assuming
you have GTK installed).

Installing the Distribution vendor's preferred packages for the build
requirements is always preferred over compiling them from scratch.

http://geda.seul.org/developer.html lists the software required to build
gEDA. You will need the appropriate -dev or -devel packages to do so
cleanly.

I'm not using Redhat, or even an RPM based distribution, so can't
comment as to the exact packages you will need to install.

Regards,

Peter Clifton

--
Peter Clifton