Re: gEDA-user: Symbol submission

On 12/14/06, John Griessen <john_g@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A way to look at a sorted list of all that's on gedasymbols
could be helpful.  What's a good thing to sort on?   Alphanumeric is all I can
think would work as is.

Should we create some standard category names, a style guideline of naming,  to
sort symbols with on gedasymbols .org?

If you use IPC-style names the alphanumeric sort works fairly well. If you add a mfg/mfg_pn suffix you can get a better sort. It would be easy to parse the IPC-style names and populate a database.

The naming style I use for my footprints is at
http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/footprint-name-spec.pdf

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org