gEDA-user: Footprint with Unusual Pads

Hi,

Looking at the PCB docs it seems like SMD pads must either be round or
rectangular, never both?  I'm just looking at the recommended land
pattern in this data sheet (PDF, page before last page):

http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/bq24070

They'r drawing longish pads which are round on one end and rectangular
at the other end.

Also the die-attach pad has a very unusual complex polygonal form.

What's the right way to define such a footprint (preferably
oldlib-style)?  Add some additional copper polygons around the pad??  Or
overlap multiple pads with the same name/number?  Or just make all pads
rectangular and hope that reflow soldering still works?

Being very new to PCB layouting I have no clue :)

Thanks for any help,

best regards,

David