Re: gEDA-user: Footprint with Unusual Pads

>> They'r drawing longish pads which are round on one end and
>> rectangular at the other end.
>>
>> Also the die-attach pad has a very unusual complex polygonal form.

> Both can be made from multiple pads.  See (also attached):
> http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/footprints/test/bq24070.fp

Hi, thanks alot.

>> What's the right way to define such a footprint (preferably
>> oldlib-style)?

> The m4 libraries are deprecated.  Please create new symbols in newlib
> style.  Also, you can create footprints inside pcb using lines and
> rectangles, which is easier than figuring out the m4 stuff.

According to my copy of the PCB documentation oldlib is not concidered
deprecated, despite the naming.  I actually already started writing all
my symbols in M4.  I've worked with M4 in the past and being a
programmer I just don't know how to use a mouse :)

regards,

David