Re: gEDA-user: Footprint with Unusual Pads

> According to my copy of the PCB documentation oldlib is not
> concidered deprecated, despite the naming.  I actually already
> started writing all my symbols in M4.  I've worked with M4 in the
> past and being a programmer I just don't know how to use a mouse :)

Well, up to you then ;-)

What we're planning on doing is running the M4 processor at build
time, rather than at run time.  Thus, pcb itself only need worry about
newlib style footprints.  The explicit use of m4 in pcb is a hack;
different people prefer different languages (I use perl myself) but
the common format is newlib; the Makefiles can run any program they
need to to generate them.

Plus, m4 isn't readily available on Windows platforms, so moving to
newlib makes Windows support easier.