Re: gEDA-user: Footprint with Unusual Pads

What we're planning on doing is running the M4 processor at build
time, rather than at run time.

Ummmm, why not have the develoeprs run it in maintiner-mode, and just distribute the newlib stuff to regular users?

I tremble in fear about running the M4 thing as part of a normal
user's build since it seems like another thing which can go wrong.

Plus, m4 isn't readily available on Windows platforms, so moving to
newlib makes Windows support easier.

Another reason to have the developers run the M4 processor, and not the users.

Stuart