gEDA-user: gschem - starting with title-B.sym

Ales,
Now that I have had a chance to play with the "new feature" of gschem starting with the title block, I can say that there are times when it's not appropriate: for instance, when trying to create a symbol. Is there any way for it to look at the .extension you are starting it with and if you start with a ".sch", go ahead and attach the title-B, but if you're starting with ".sym", don't?
I only say this because it's kind of a pain to go in and unlock it and delete it when doing a symbol. I could see some people not knowing how to unlock it, etc, etc.
Regards,
Kurt