Re: gEDA-user: hierarchy of schematics

Hi Martin,

On Sunday 17 December 2006 14:54, Martin Habets wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 01:45:21PM +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
> > How does it work?
> > If a symbol has a attribute source, then hierarchy down will follow
> > that source.
>
> Does this mean I could create heavier symbols by sourcing in the
> light ones?

The hierarchy system is intented to organize larger ciruits by
referencing (or representing) subcircuits with a single symbol.

Sourcing light symbols into larger ones is something like inheritance of
symbols. There were some discussions on the developers mailing list.
IIRC the inheritance does not work in the current gschem version
because attributes in the "light" symbols are not accessible by gschem
through the heavy symbol layer.

Regards
Werner