Re: gEDA-user: Re: hierarchy of schematics

Hi Kai-Martin,

On Sunday 17 December 2006 17:22, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:45:21 +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
> > How does it work?
> > If a symbol has a attribute source, then hierarchy down will follow
> > that source.
>
> Ah! :-)
> Thanks for hinting!
> Finally a decent way to define master sheet.

Little bit more than that. You can reference a subcircuit multiple
times. If you have a circuit with 10 identical circuit blocks you need
to draw that circuit only once and reference it multiple times by the
"parent" schematic.
Maybe it's not that useful for pcb's, but it is for spice simulations.

> This feature was below my radar, probably because it is not covered
> by the tutorial.
>
> I will add a note to the wiki...

Great.

Regards