gEDA-user: Re: hierarchy of schematics

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:01:44 +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:

>> Finally a decent way to define master sheet.
>
> Little bit more than that. You can reference a subcircuit multiple
> times.

How does gschem2pcb deal with this? Does it include the components of the
subsheet multiple times? If so, does it modify the netnames to yield
unique nets within the copies? Or does it simply connect all nets that
bear the same name?

Is there a way to check the consistency of subsheets? That is, how to
check whether all the ports on the subsheet correspond to a pin in the
subsheet symbol?

Come to think of it: Creation of a subsheet symbol seems to me quite a
laborious task. I need to manually create and rename pins for every port.
My diode laser project involves ten sheets with numerous connections...
It would be very useful to have the subsheet symbol generated by some kind
of script. Has anybody done this before?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog