Re: gEDA-user: Ground-plane in Pcb

> So my thinking of one large rectangle as the "pour" wont work in PCB
> (I think I got that from eagle).

It can, assuming the plane is "simple" enough.  If there's multiple
planes are on one layer (like my board), or if there are a lot of
signals on the layer, a single rectangle is insufficient.

Note that the most recent pcb knows how to slice up a polygon
(i.e. rectangle) to remove isolated islands.  It should make pours
easier.

>  Instead, I draw smaller rectangles as needed but advoiding other
> connects, then join them together with thermals or "j".

I did that for the m3a board.

> Yes, I am using that specific pcb to test out my uv exposure
> box. It's a great test vehicle, small, dense, lots of copper planes
> and dense wiring.

Glad I could help ;-)

Just keep in mind there are a few "fixes" needed if you want it to
actually work.