Re: gEDA-user: LTSpice and gnucap

2006/12/29, al davis <ad136@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday 28 December 2006 07:27, Carlos Nieves wrote:
> > I'm trying to simulate a circuit with LTSpice, and I'm
> > getting an amazing simulation speed of 30ps of simulated
> > time by one real second, using a Pentium 4 machine at 3Ghz.

Why do you think that is amazing?

It's not a complex design (I think), and I want to simulate about 10-20us. At a simulation speed of 9 days/us.... Soooo slowly!!

[snip]
> > I can generate the spice netlist, but as one of the
> > components I'm using is from Linear, its model is a .sub
> > binary file included with LTSpice.
> >
> > So I guess the .sub model is a propietary format and I
> > can't use gnucap for this simulation. Am I right?

Welcome to proprietary lockin.  That's what LTSpice is all
about.

I have no option. That's the only model Linear provides.

Thanks,

Carlos