gEDA-user: Line width of silk-screen text

Hi,

looking at my PC board I notice that the line thickness of element names
seems to be much smaller than the line thickness used for drawing
element outlines (which is 8 mil for my own footprints).

The PCB manufacturer I chose has the minimum allowed silk line thickness
specified as 0.18mm (approx. 8mil).

Is there a way to change the default line thickness used by the default
font without increasing the font size itself?  Or would you recommend I
chose a different manufacturer?  After all the 0.18mm requirement seems
to imply that boards designed even with PCB's default settings won't be
producable.

regards,

David