Re: gEDA-user: Line width of silk-screen text

> Is there a way to change the default line thickness used by the default
> font without increasing the font size itself?

Set the minimum silk width in the "board sizes" dialog.  It will emit
gerbers with the right size, even if it shows up thinner on the screen
(yes, there's a reason for that, no, it's not a great reason).

> Or would you recommend I chose a different manufacturer?  After all
> the 0.18mm requirement seems to imply that boards designed even with
> PCB's default settings won't be producable.

8 is pretty good.  I've seen 6, but not less, in prototype deals.