Re: gEDA-user: 2 make errors installing gwave

On Saturday 01 December 2007, Werner Hoch wrote:
> That's right, but the format still does not contain all
> required informations to use the data.

This is easy.

> * your loosing the headlines

can easily be added .. need a spec.  could use the CaZM format,
which is already supported by gwave.  It is ascii (gnucap
format) with a header.

> * when running a dc simulation with more than one variable
> your loosing the second scale.

Just probe the second variable and you are there.

The Spice raw format doesn't do any better.

> * (more than one plot possible in one file)

tran ...   >> my-file

People who think commercial products think of this stuff as
stagnant.  They see what the product does, and doesn't do, and
put up with it.

Big companies have their own CAD departments that hack out
custom software for the circuit designers to use.  The CAD
developers work next to the circuit developers.

We provide that to the little guy, the hobbiest, developers of
open-source circuits.

Here, we must think of what a program doesn't do as a wish list.
Talk about it.  It can happen.

"output" plugins are already on the gnucap to-do list.  So much
has happened since the last stable release that I want to make
a stable release before doing output plugins, but you might be
able to convince me otherwise.