Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-dev: iverilog and Xilinx 8.2

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> [moved to -user]
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Stephen Williams wrote:
>> 2) This looks like a problem long since fixed. Version?
>
> I originally had 0.8.5 - I tried 0.8.6 but no change.
> [inchoate 13:55] ~/projects/verilog-0.8.6 >iverilog -V
> Icarus Verilog version 0.8.6 ($Name:  $)
> Copyright 1998-2003 Stephen Williams

The it seems likely that the fixes are in the devel branch and
not the current stable release. Are you in a position to try the
latest snapshots?

Another tack is to look at the DCM.v source file. I believe there
is a compatibility define that you can use to revert the definition
to a simpler implementation that doesn't use as many advanced
Verilog features.

But if you are up to building and installing software and can use
the iverilog devel snapshots you should be OK.
http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,